What is MyGov Social Media Manager
MyGov platform is a unique, first-of-its-kind participatory Governance initiative involving the common citizens. MyGov brings the Government closer to the common man using various digital platforms and creating an interface for a healthy exchange of ideas and views toward good governance.
For improving citizen engagement and to increase the visibility of MyGov across the country covering local languages, MyGov desires to have its social media handles in
MyGov is looking for Social Media managers who are proficient in various Social Media platforms and can create content in English/Hindi as also regional languages
Responsibilities include managing the social media handles in the concerned regional language and be capable of managing and overseeing the creation and publishing of relevant and appealing content in a timely manner. Creativity and Out of Box thinking and effective communication skills is a requirement.
They should have expertise in reading, writing in one or more regional languages in addition of Hindi and English. The regional languages are: Assamese, Gujarati, Punjabi, Marathi, Bangla, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, and Odia. Candidates who have certification in the regional language will be preferred.
You will be under probation for the first 3 months from the date of joining. It is not mandatory for MyGov to offer you regular contract after the completion of the probation period. The period of probation can be reduced or increased by MyGov and shall be solely based upon your performance.
Interested candidates may apply in this form.
Total Number of Posts / Vacancies
10 (One manager for each language)
Place of work
MyGov, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India, New Delhi.
Manager- Social Media Roles and Responsibilities:
- The resource will manage the regional social media handles of MyGov in the following regional languages (Assamese/ Gujarati/ Punjabi/ Marathi/ Bangla/ Telugu/ Tamil/ Kannada/ Malayalam/Odia)
- The social media manager would generate, edit, publish, and share engaging content on the social media platforms on daily basis (e.g., text, infographics, videos, and news feeds etc.)
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with MyGov’s goals, objectives and amplify the social media posts based on target audience.
- Communicate with followers, respond to the queries in a timely manner and monitor the comments/ feedbacks/ reviews etc. on the social media platforms.
- Suggest and implement new ideas to disseminate information related to Government schemes through promotions, competitions, and campaigns.
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
- Coordinate with MyGov internal teams to create event-based posts and content in regional language for the target audience.
- Should be able to proofread and edit the contents to produce quality contents/social media posts as per the requirement of MyGov.
- Should be able to monitor the social media handles, track, and report insights (traffic, engagement, shares, conversion rates, etc.) to MyGov.
- Work with the content team to ensure that the social media post conveys the source language meaning accurately; and if needed, edit, rewrite, and restructure the content.
How to Apply for MyGov Job – Social Media Manager
Who Can Apply for the Job – Eligibility
- Graduate with experience in managing social media and proficiency in regional languages
- Certification/ Experience in the concerned language
- Total 4 years work experience (Experience in creative writing /social media management of minimum 2 years)
I hope you like the Article of the How to Apply for MyGov Job – Social Media Manager 2022 . If you like then share to others.
Happy Reading Stay Connected.